River Oaks Golf Course Rules
- RCGA rules govern all play.
- Free lift: One club length away not nearer the hole from all newly planted trees. Two club lengths from all walks, roadways, French drains, and drainage ditches.
- On the road, on holes #15 and #16 is out of bounds. Past the ditches on hole #1 is out of bounds.
- Red stakes mark lateral water hazards. Drop ball within two club lengths of point of entry and count one stroke penalty.
- Yellow stakes mark water hazards. Count one stroke and drop ball behind the hazard.
- To the center of the green: red stakes = 100 yards, white stakes = 150 yards, blue stakes = 200 yards.
- Each player must have a set of clubs, including a bag. (Unless special permission has been given by the course)
- Only alcoholic beverages purchased from the golf course are allowed. All coolers and bags are subject to search.
- Tee off between markers.
- No fivesomes allowed. (Unless special permission has been given by the course)
- Step up prepared to shoot. Any practice swings must be taken off the tee box in order to reduce wear and tear.
- To reduce congestion and eliminate the possibility of injury, only golfers are allowed on the course.
- Persons violating the above regulations will lose their playing privileges with no refund.
Speed of Play
- Our expected pace of play is 4 hours and 15 minutes. Pace clocks are provided as an aide to assist golfers in maintaining their pace. Golfers will be asked by the Course Marshal to skip holes if slow play is evident.
- We encourage ‘ready golf’ to help maintain pace. Hit when ready and it is safe, do not play honors, each golfer should go to his/her ball, and take no more than 10 strokes per hole.
- The course Marshal has the authority to control the pace of play.
- Please be aware of other golfers on the course; foul language or other inconsiderate behavior will result in removal from the course with no refund.
- Allow faster golfers to play through. If your group is NOT waiting and the group behind you IS waiting, either let them play through or pick up the pace!
- Shoes: Golf shoes or running shoes with flat heels. Only SOFT SPIKES are allowed.
- Dress: Proper golf attire – shirts MUST be worn at all times.